MODULAR COLD ROOMS
Modular Cold Rooms are standard preservation chambers built at site to desired dimensions and cooling specifications.
Blue Star’s Modular Cold Rooms use world-class PUF Insulated Panels manufactured by Blue Star at state-of-the-art facilities, and Refrigeration Units from Blue Star’s facilities and from partners from across the globe, to offer you totally reliable cooling and preservation chambers specifically built for your needs.
Modular Cold Rooms are built best by experts who understand all aspects of preservation.
And Blue Star's Cold Room experts possess both extensive and intensive domain knowledge of your industry - knowledge that helps us design and deliver efficient, reliable and perfect Cold Room solutions for your exact need.
Here are some industry-specific examples:
- Pharma industry
- Specialty applications
BANANA RIPENING COLD ROOMS
THE PERFECT CHOICE FOR PROFITABILITY.
Blue Star is India's leading air conditioning and refrigeration solutions company. With over 7 decades of experience in the field, Blue Star is the one expert you can trust when it comes to cooling solutions. This is especially true when it comes to cold-chain solutions including ripening chambers.
Blue Star is a leading provider of banana ripening solutions in India today. Thousands of banana traders and farmers are Blue Star customers and over 14,000 MT of bananas get ripened in our Banana Ripening Cold Rooms everyday. This domain knowledge in the field ensures that each Blue Star Ripening Cold Room is designed bottom up, to maintain the precise conditions required by each specific application. Factors such as humidity, temperature, ventilation and specific gas emission levels within each ripening chamber are tuned to optimum levels, in each chamber design, based on requirements at each facility.
Blue Star ripening chambers are reliable, robust and built to last. They are also backed by proven service capability through a nationwide network, even in remote inaccessible areas.
BLUE STAR BANANA RIPENING COLD ROOMS
Blue Star's banana ripening chambers allow you to:
- Design your installation to suit your capacity requirement
- Reduce wastage and increase profits
- Plan the timing of your produce output and avoid seasonal variations
- Ensure hygienic and food-grade handling of your produce
- Deliver uniform colour and taste due to controlled ripening
- Enjoy higher realisation on your produce
- Reduce operating cost and optimise initial investment.
Blue Star's state-of-the-art banana ripening chambers use:
- Reliable, energy-efficient refrigeration units
- High-efficiency PUF insulated panels which are lead-proof
- Doors that keep outside atmosphere out and controlled conditions in
- Timer-based electrically operated ventilation systems and exhaust fans
- High CFM evaporators to ensure uniform airflow inside the chamber
- Gas-emission systems for flexible, large-scale ripening processes
- Ethylene generators for sequential ripening solutions
- Humidifiers to maintain high humidity throughout the ripening cycle
- CO2 and ethylene analysers to monitor carbon dioxide levels*
The gas-emission systems are designed to be safe, fast and precise in their ripening processes. Moreover, they come with features that make them the first choice for professional ripening facilities.
- Safe: 5% Ethylene-95% Nitrogen mix generated.
- Flexible system: Single system can feed multiple ripening chambers.
- Intelligent control: Allows independent levels of generation in each chamber.
- Independent settings: Allows ripening of different fruits at the same time in each chamber.
- Intelligent microprocessor controller: Ensures precise ethylene generation.
- Programmable: Desired conditions programmable as pre-sets through touch screen.
- Controller also programmable to generate ethylene at fixed intervals.
The stand-alone ethylene generator is ideal for ripening situations where the process is sequential rather than simultaneous. They provide a constant and controlled supply of ethylene into the ripening chamber, by converting a specially formulated ripening concentrate into ethylene.
- Portable: Can be easily shifted from one chamber to another.
- Simple and fast: Just pour in Ethanol II and ethylene is produced.
- Safe: No danger of explosion, as long as instructions given are followed.
Multi-compressor systems can be handled by the same controller, with the ability to set individual parameter controls like temperature, pressure, etc.
Blue Star's highly efficient banana ripening chambers provide prompt notification for any operational issues including equipment failures or set point changes.
HACCP PROVISION (OPTIONAL)
Blue Star Banana Ripening Cold Rooms also come with an HACCP provision. This feature helps identify and prevent hazards from contaminating food.
BMS COMPATIBILITY (OPTIONAL)
The BMS compatibility feature of Blue Star Banana Ripening Cold Rooms is extremely beneficial. Since the RS485 makes external computer connectivity and remote monitoring possible.
REFRIGERATION SYSTEMS HERMETIC SERIES
IT'S NOT JUST PRESERVATION. IT'S THE ULTIMATE IN PRESERVATION.
Blue Star, India's leading refrigeration company, offers a complete range of evaporating and condensing units. These units are designed to deliver superior cooling for food preservation and are equipped to deliver temperatures for various applications.
The balanced selection of the evaporator and condensing units assures delivery of capacity. The matching controllers with refrigeration units support each installation and enable the controlling and monitoring of temperature. Each Blue Star installation comes with a weather-proof power panel that allows for easy, speedy, safe and long-lasting power connection. So when it comes to cold storage, trust in the experts for reliable, efficient and trouble-free refrigeration.
Blue Star's evaporators are compact and sleek. The evaporator is housed within the cold storage and occupies minimum space. This allows you to utilise the maximum volume of cold storage.
- Stainless steel body (SS304) for enhanced durability and strength
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Inner grooved copper tubes for superior heat transfer
- 6 FPI coil to enable air-defrosting
- Improved air throw for uniform air distribution
- External rotor driven fans have low noise levels and conform to IP45 standards
- Removable side panels for easy service and minimum downtime.
Blue Star's condensing units are characterised by high-efficiency heat transfer and low power consumption.
- Energy-efficient scroll and reciprocating compressors
- Powder coated body makes these units UV and corrosion-resistant
- Inner grooved copper tubes and slit aluminium fins for superior heat transfer
- Filter drier for moisture and dirt protection
- Pre-charged unit with service valves
- Safety and control devices for better system protection
- Weather-proof polyester powder coated canopy.
- Thermally protected and permanently lubricated fan motors.
- Smaller footprint for ease of handling and installation
Blue Star's controller is a two compressor controller with separate set points and differentials for each compressor.
- Specifically designed for refrigeration applications
- Controls compressor cut off and temperature
- HACCP provision (available in model 52H)
- BMS compatibility (available in model 52H)
Blue Star's Refrigeration Units come with ready-to-use power panels that make electrical connections simple, fast and long-lasting.
- Embedded switchgear in the Positive Temperature Condensing Unit
- Power Panel with necessary accessories and defrost controls is available for Negative Temperature Units.
REFRIGERATION SYSTEMS SEMI-HERMETIC SERIES (SUPER TROPICALISED)
PACKAGED FOR POWER-PACKED PERFORMANCE
Blue Star, India's leading refrigeration solutions provider, offers you a wide range of refrigeration units to suit different business needs.
Processed food industry segments like poultry, marine and meat processing require heavy-duty operation, while the ice-cream industry is growing by leaps and bounds and needs large storages at production and distribution points. To tackle these critical temperature requirements, Blue Star brings to you a fully-packaged semi-hermetic refrigeration system.
In all these applications, we understand what you need to succeed: reliability and the assurance of holding temperature maintained within critical limits. These are possible only through well-packaged, well-engineered refrigeration systems with reliable components.
Blue Star's range of condensing units is designed using world-class technology and components. It is created to function efficiently even at high ambient temperatures, assuring you of trouble-free temperature management even during peak summer time. What's more, the range is available in both air cooled and water cooled options to suit different needs.
PUF INSULATED PANELS
The efficiency, hygiene and life of a cold room depend on the panels and accessories that go into making up the structure.
Blue Star's cold rooms are therefore constructed using pre-fabricated PUF panels designed specifically for such applications, and manufactured to international standards of quality and reliability at state-of-the-art facilities.
These panels are packed with advanced high-density foamed-in-place PUF insulation to ensure high-efficiency insulation, and metal-finished (a choice of aluminium, pre-painted steel, stainless steel, galvanised steel or Galvalume).
Modular in nature, these tongue-and-groove panels in a range of thicknesses and dimensions, are designed to interlock with ease at site to form cold rooms of any size and for any application. Each part of the cold room - walls, ceiling, floor, doors and even T-walls and corners - have special panels designed for the purpose to ensure perfect fit.
These modular cold rooms are not just easily assembled at site. They are easily disassembled too and moved when required, or even enlarged or split into multiple rooms as later needs may demand.
A range of options and accessories ensure that the entire cold room supplements the efficiency and ruggedness of the PUF panels:
- Flush-fit doors: Aesthetic, efficient, heavy-duty flush-fit doors with FRP door perimeter
- Cam lock: Posi-loc locking assemblies that provide perfect alignment of walls, ceiling, floor, corners and door frames
- Hardware: Heavy-duty cast alloy handles and hinges with attractive brushed-chrome finish
- Heated air vent: Tri-action heated air vent to eliminate pressure and vacuum variations inside the walk-in cold room
- Interior and exterior ramps: Ramps allow ease of movement of material without damage to floor
- Sweep gasket: Airtight heavy-duty sealing gasket below door with a double sweep, remains flexible at any temperature
- Posi-seal closure: Cushions closing of door, making it noiseless and firmly shut
- Vapour-proof light fixture: Trouble-free lighting within cold room
This wide range of world-class panels and accessories ensures that Blue Star's cold rooms are air-tight, hygienic, highly energy-efficient and built for a lifetime.